About this video
A short tutorial showing you how to come into Virabhadrasana 3 (Warrior 3), offering variations for beginners. This pose is an intermediate balancing pose that requires full body co-ordination. Challenge your body and enhance your power by building inner and outer strength, stability and concentration. Remember to focus on your breath and notice where the mind goes as you’re challenged to balance on one leg. It’s important to warm up with a few rounds of Sun Salutations before practicing this pose.
- Strengthens the whole body
- Improves balance, posture and full-body co-ordination.
- Tones the abdominal muscles
- Enhances concentration and focuses the mind
- Avoid if you have high blood pressure or heart conditions
- Avoid if you have any sensitivity in the back
Bring your hands to the heart in Anjali Mudra (Prayer) if you’re feeling tired.