About this video
A short tutorial showing you how to come into Ustrasana (Camel Pose). It’s an intermediate back-bending posture and the body should be fully warmed up with a few rounds of sun salutations before attempting this pose. In this video, we explore different variations of the pose.
- Improve mobility in the upper back
- Stretches the whole of the front of the body
- Strengthens the legs and back
- Improves posture
- Energises body and mind
- Help tone deep core muscles
- Caution should be taken if you have any sensitivity in the neck. Don’t drop the head back, keep it in a neutral position or with chin towards chest so the neck stays long.
- This pose is not recommended if you have a back injury.
- If you have sensitive knees, use a blanket under the knees or double up your mat.